Sunday, March 20, 2011

Melted snow and dragonfire...

Snow melted and I hear the call of the worms...
Moon dancing and I feel the urge to move...  It calls me at 4am when I'm stirring for my books, ignoring my feet.  So close, reach to touch it... distraction takes me away.
Lost in a sea of responsibility - tasks to accomplish, greatness to attain...
Prays spoken in the dark, thoughts of future, fear of past and embracing the present....

Here I am - forever staring down the loss I nearly ran from.  Strength gained from the depths of could be despair.  Turn and fight. Life is a struggle, embrace the struggle.  Find a fight worth fighting. Fight for yourself. Struggle for your today.  Make it great.  Make it worth living  - because if you don't, who will?

Soon the books will be shelved.  Briefly the sleep will come.  Time will bring back my 5am runs.  Alone in the dark, with nothing but me and my proposed self struggling to see who will be victorious in the end. 

Soon the seasons will bring me the waters my arms wish to swim, the pedals which I will freely push downhill, uphill and around the corner... like a kid just free of training wheels.  Soon the trails will dry and I'll have a free day to press my imprint in the dirt. Soon there will be time enough to wave to the cows, wish for outhouses and long for water....

Time to breathe some dragonfire.....

365 days of running current total = 376km

No comments: