Sunday, August 31, 2008

The first attempt

So because I have not yet configured my intelligence to the inner workings of an online running log; I'm posting the details here. There is no better place.

My first attempt then, was an interval run; which I'm told is a good mix of running and walking. Sounds good to me, it allowed for much needed activities inbetween (like breathing). On August 29 I surprised my dear hubby with driving directions to the nearest path. Watching him drive without a previous directional knowledge was almost as enjoyable as the look I got when we got there. So I hooked up with our local Achilles running group (big shout out to the wonderful volunteers who were more than willing to run slow for me!) And after much chatter about the do's and don't's.... we ran. (At turtle pace but again - I like breathing) Nearly thirty minutes later we had accomplished a nicely set goal of 3ish km.

You didn't expect exacts from me did you? I am not a gadget runner. And since I can't drive the routes after (or before) to check on the distance... I'm going of the guesstamations of those I was with. Besides some small part of me is rather proud of having done 3ish km.

Next adventure --- monday morning six am. Hey wait a minute, that's tomorrow!

In the meantime, tuesday is school for the older kids; lets call them kid 1 and kid 2. Kid 1 quite excited, kid 2 very nervous. baby 3 (currently undergoing transitions to toddler 3) is starting day care etc. this week. Baby 3 does not know what's coming. But in the meantime, we are cooking freezer meals and cleaning house and all enjoying mom's improved mood. (although I believe I'm the only one brave enough to say so!)

With so much going on and so much about to change, it is easy to overwhelmed by the distractions of details and imperfections of the plans. That's the point right there; the evil that seeps in after dark, or the doubt that takes ahold when doors lock out the world would have us relent into this conundrum.

Now in the words of A.N. ...."just breathe"

No comments: