Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ground hogs and wishing wells....

To jump off the diving board.... such a scary thought.  Especially without depth perception.  How much fear do you face every day?  Everyone lives with something they'd like to conquer, some one thing that scares the crud out from under your toenails .... that you nevertheless long to do.

January 2011 was a month of conquering fears.  One day at a time, one foot in front of the other.  It was the beginning of a culmination of stress, action and preparation.  It was unsettling.  And I embraced every moment of it.

They say it takes 3 or 4 weeks to make something a habit.  31 days of running, 175.02 kms covered between treadmill and elliptical, through smiles, through frustration, through tears and each and every step towards a better future. 

Some miles with a textbook in my hand, others with no carpet under my elliptical so that every two miles I was facing a completely different wall.  Some miles done with the house under construction, some miles were done in longing for the trail underfoot.  Most importantly, every day, running was a part of my day, a part of my life; etching itself into the fibers of my soul.

My February goals?  Of course continue to run every day.  But in general it would be fantastic to enjoy a few miles outside with my forever man....if only day care fell from the heavens :)

Wishing you happy feet and warm toes!

No comments: