Friday, September 12, 2008

Misunderstandings

Well today is dawning the sun of misunderstandings. Toddler 3 seems to think that when I get up - he should get up. The coffee pot seems to think that it can perk slowly. The laundry has decided to require my efforts to get from washer to dryer. It's funny you know; I can help three kids to walk, eat, train... but no matter how hard I try, that laundry will not get up off its butt and walk itself to the dryer. I'm thinking of inventing some kind of doc brown style pulley system to help it there. And then after my journeys through time I will be able to catch up on all the sleep I've missed for the last ten years. I wonder if my mother sleeps now?

Having three kids with all six feet on the floor has a great impact on my understandings of the world. Or at least my very small part of it. It's difficult to explain and further complicated by the knowledge that in retrospect twenty years from now, things will be different again. The phases of my life have taken me here and now sit me in front of this computer, for example. I am spending more time wondering how the phases of my children's lives will take them on a whirlwind tour of the world.

There are, however, a few things I have decided so far in my journey. 1) Money is just a thing, and I hate how attached we all are to it. 2) modesty is an invention that only serves us sometimes. 3) Misunderstandings can create the biggest grumpies in the world. The invention of text messaging is desperately annoying. I would like to think I can master some forms of technology but this is beyond me. The messages i send go god know where and never help the way they were intended. By the time I am over the let down of this technology I'm angry at the arguments I had with the recipient in my head. I'm also annoyed that I relied on it at all. This ends up in the land of misunderstandings when the recipient has no idea they had even become as such. And so I relent.... I will never win this techy war. I just take the bus and avoid as B.H. says..."Waiting for you".

My big running update! I broke through the 23 km mark yesterday. How very exciting indeed.

TTFN all.

No comments: